Bing Search

Music News

©AP/ Jay-Z
© AP/ Jay-Z
Jay-Z's 'Magna Carta' artwork goes on display beside real document

WENN

Jay-Z has been applauded for drawing attention to the historic Magna Carta document with the release of his new album.

Bing: Jay-Z licensed as sports agent

The rap superstar officially releases "Magna Carta Holy Grail" this week and to mark the occasion, his album artwork - depicting two statues with his name struck out in black - has been placed on display beside one of four real copies of the Medieval legal charter at Britain's Salisbury Cathedral until the end of July.

Photos of the special installment have been shared on the hip-hop mogul's Life+Times website and the Dean of Salisbury, the Very Reverend June Osborne, admits she is "delighted" Jay-Z chose to work with her church.

She has also heaped praise on the hip-hop mogul for drawing attention to the piece of history with his music: "Jay-Z is creating a huge awareness of this historic document and its modern significance to a huge audience... We hope to welcome many of his fans here this summer to see the artwork."

The Magna Carta was signed by England's King John in 1215 and is a charter of liberty and political rights which was used to prevent the monarch from abusing his powers, instead ordering him to govern the country in accordance with the law. The document was also used by America's forefathers as the basis for their U.S. Constitution.

15Comments
Jul 8, 2013 8:32AM
avatar

Old Blue Eyes hung out with mobsters who by the color of their skin already had a pass in old America because they could walk in to any place and get treated like a human being but they chose to do criminal acts. JayZ  was a product of his environment just as I was but a beautiful family and House setting up for retirement my kids are honor students and get numerous awards. Its not a life no one wants for themselves or their children so all you self righteous people who make ignorant comments about people who start off ruff but make a better life for themselves don't get angry get your own. Racists "To judge is to be Judged"

Jul 8, 2013 7:55AM
avatar

The elegance and class of Old Hollywood and the Music World has long gone. It's sad to say but it has been take over by Tramps and Thugs.

You can tell the ones in the Business that are comfortable with being able to purchase nice things because it's something they are accustomed to.

You can also tell the ones that never had anything in their lives and can't really handle having Money  because they always over do it.

 

You don't see people like the Kerry's, Kennedy's or Buffet's running around buying Dumb stuff just because they can, of just to be seen.

 

I am sure their are other Star's that spend Money, but they don't do it just to get their name called.

If they do, they are donating to a Charity.

Jul 8, 2013 7:39AM
avatar

I never bought music for either him or beyonce nor I listen to it, but do you think beyonce and jay z give a **** about no having talent or not? please! 

 

There are two kind of people in the world, one group belong to the 2% and the other to the 98% left.

 

Take a wild guess in what group is jay z and beyonce, and in what group is the people that buy their music?

 

it is said that, if the richest people in the world (the 2%) would give all of their money to the 98%, and I mean all of it, in 5 to 6 years they ALL will get their money back  they same way they did it the first time.

 

They all know too well how to trick  people into giving them all their cash..

Jul 8, 2013 7:16AM
avatar
If everyone was like me and didn't buy his crap he would be broke as a stone. Then he would have to go back to dealing drugs and maybe get killed in a drive-by by some other low-life.
Jul 7, 2013 11:11PM
avatar
To put the art work from a music album with the original documents is defacing the original document, and devaluing it

Report
Please help us to maintain a healthy and vibrant community by reporting any illegal or inappropriate behavior. If you believe a message violates theCode of Conductplease use this form to notify the moderators. They will investigate your report and take appropriate action. If necessary, they report all illegal activity to the proper authorities.
Categories
100 character limit
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
more on msn music
Miranda Lambert/Pharrell Williams/Janelle Monae
See highlights from this summers' biggest current tours and festivals
Ed Sheeran: From touring with Taylor to a single with Pharrell, British troubadour navigates to pop's mainstream
Most memorable BET moments: Check out six highlights from the 2014 awards' nearly four hour event
Courtney on Kurt: His widow and Hole front woman reveals Cobain was "desperate" to achieve rock stardom
Prince reigns: The funk-rock-pop wizard reveals another full-length set ready to roll out for fans