Bing Search

Music News

Kid Rock
© AP / Kid Rock
Romney-supporting Kid Rock to President Obama: 'No hard feelings'

MSN Entertainment
 
Oh, to be a fly on the wall for this meet and greet. Kid Rock, who campaigned tirelessly for Republican candidate Mitt Romney, had a lighthearted close encounter with President Obama at Sunday's Kennedy Center Honors in Washington, D.C.
 
"It was nice," the rocker told CNN. "I saw the president tonight. He said, 'I'm still here.' I said, 'No hard feelings.'"

Bing: Kid Rock and Romney

The confab took place during a pre-ceremony reception at the White House.
 
Kid Rock, whose song "Born Free" became the go-to anthem during Romney's campaign events, remained tactful about his candidate's failure to make it to the White House.

"Well, it always stinks to lose," he said. "You cross your fingers, you try to move forward, you hope for the best. You respect the office of the president of the United States, and the great thing is, in four years, you know, we'll see what happens, we get to choose again."
 
Concluded Kid, "It's tough to stand up for something you believe in. Believe me, especially in my business. I alienated a lot of fans and people. But I believe if you don't stand for something, you don't stand for nothing."

169Comments
Dec 3, 2012 7:16PM
avatar
4 years from now he will be in for an other and bigger loss,the reason is the Repubs do not won't this country to go fwd  and do not know the word compromise,only the 1-2 % of the rich count in their  world the other 98% of people that work for a living are just a nuisance to them,and that is exactly what their problem is and keep going downhill.They worry about paying a little more taxes on their high income,you don't hear most low income people complaining about paying a little more for the good of the country and that includes me.  
Dec 3, 2012 7:06PM
Dec 3, 2012 6:57PM
avatar

It amazes me how many poor white trash support republicans! I know that Kid C*ck is not poor but that is what he claims to come from. Republicans are mainly rich, white pigs and they would love nothing more than to keep the poor folk in there place. Wake up people!

Dec 3, 2012 6:52PM
avatar
Collinsworth, Kid Rock can be gracious, but you have to prepetuate the hate. You suck.
Dec 3, 2012 6:45PM
avatar
Kid Snot and Dead Nugent can eat it for 4 more years.
Report
Please help us to maintain a healthy and vibrant community by reporting any illegal or inappropriate behavior. If you believe a message violates theCode of Conductplease use this form to notify the moderators. They will investigate your report and take appropriate action. If necessary, they report all illegal activity to the proper authorities.
Categories
100 character limit
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
more on msn music
Miranda Lambert/Pharrell Williams/Janelle Monae
See highlights from this summers' biggest current tours and festivals
Ed Sheeran: From touring with Taylor to a single with Pharrell, British troubadour navigates to pop's mainstream
Most memorable BET moments: Check out six highlights from the 2014 awards' nearly four hour event
Courtney on Kurt: His widow and Hole front woman reveals Cobain was "desperate" to achieve rock stardom
Prince reigns: The funk-rock-pop wizard reveals another full-length set ready to roll out for fans